Laconia School District
The Laconia School District has partnered with the Office of Student Wellness to launch the Safe Schools, Healthy Students initiative. Located in Laconia, NH, the district includes 5 schools and serves 2,297 students in grades PK through 12.
Through the initiative, the Laconia School District is committed to the following:
1. Developing a plan to expand access to public preschool
2. Assessing the social and emotional readiness of students
3. Increasing access to mental health supports for all
4. Decreasing Office Discipline Referrals
5. Communicating fully and effectively with all parents
6. Preventing student substance use and providing support
for those already affected
7. Creating a culture of safety and inclusion amongst
students and staff
8. Utilizing Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
9. Implementing a district-wide evidenced-based bullying
10. Launching a youth leadership initiative
11. Providing faculty and staff with appropriate
and meaningful professional development opportunities
For more information on Safe Schools, Healthy Students in Laconia, please contact McKenzie Harrington-Bacote, Project Manager.
This website was developed (in part) under grants numbered 1U79SM06151201 and 1H79SM061875-01 from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of SAMHSA or HHS.